ClassNK has released amendments to its Rules and Guidance for the Survey and Construction of Steel Ships.
The requirements amended include:
- Amendment related to the Class Notations with respect to Structural Assessment based upon Direct Load Analysis (to incorporate research and development results)
- Amendment related to the Anchor Windlass Design and Testing (to incorporate feedback from damage investigations)
- Amendment related to the Pressure Relief Systems for Gas-fuelled Engines (in response to industry requests, etc.)
- Amendment related to the Foam-type Extinguishers for Boilers (in response to changes in international conventions, etc.)
- Amendment related to the Heat Treatment Definitions, Surface Quality and Repair of Defects for Rolled Steels (in response to changes in IACS Unified Requirements, etc.)
The amendments reflect the latest results from research and development projects, feedback from damage investigations, requests from the industry as well as changes made to relevant international conventions, IACS unified requirements (UR), national regulations.