Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore has released Veristar Equipment, the latest in its series of digital tools and applications to help make the business of classification and certification more efficient.
The new platform enables equipment manufacturers to request and manage online their demands for equipment surveys, monitor the progress of the status of the certification process – as well as receive automatic and detailed calendar updates.
Veristar Equipment aims to deliver seamless, efficient and transparent process from start to finish by providing a clear and holistic view on the status of equipment manufacturers’ certification requests.
Confirmation of certification is available, in addition to the usual certificate, via a web link or QR Code allowing easy confirmation of certification details and validity.
Benefits to equipment manufacturers include:
- Request of BV services online
- Easy to arrange BV surveys to be carried out on-site and make changes
- Simpler and flexible access at any time – and from anywhere, including mobile devices
- Access to all the details required for the status of current orders as well as full access to certification history
- Easy to upload documents, eliminating email
“We have successfully introduced e-certification and online tools for our classification surveys and now with Veristar Equipment we are introducing a comparable level of efficiency, visibility, clarity and support for certification – with full transparency – in the equipment market,” said Laurent Hentges, vice-president operational excellence.